You still have two weeks to submit to the Research 2.0 Workshop at this year’s ECTEL conference in Barcelona. Here is the call for papers:
Research2.0 is in essence a Web2.0 approach to how we do research. Research2.0 creates conversations between researchers, enables them to discuss their findings and connects them with others. Thus, Research2.0 can accelerate the diffusion of knowledge.
Topics for this workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluation of existing Research2.0 tools and infrastructures from a TEL perspective
- Development of TEL-related use case scenarios for Research2.0 tools and infrastructures
Influence of Research2.0 tools and technologies on scientific practices in TEL
- Formats and protocols for Research2.0 data exchange (linked data, RSS, BuRST, …)
- Ownership and privacy of research information
- Practices of the diverse Technology Enhanced Learning disciplines, and how Research2.0 can influence them
Authors are invited to submit original unpublished work. The following types of contributions are possible:
- Short papers (3-5 pages) that state the position of the authors on issues relevant to the workshop or work in progress, even when in very early state.
- Full papers: (8-12 pages) that describe problems, needs, novel approaches and frameworks within the scope of the workshop. In this category, empirical evaluation papers and industrial experience reports are welcome for submission.
Each presenter will be linked to related papers from other presenters and will be asked to compare in the presentation how the works of others relates to their own work.
The presentation of unfinished ideas, tools under development and especially failures is explicitly encouraged. This includes the presentation and discussion of tools and their real-world usability.
Prior to the workshop, a dedicated group on TEL Europe will be opened to:
- facilitate discussions among participants before and after the conference
- post submitted papers for an open peer review
- publish information and news about the workshop
- collect reactions through social media on the workshop
All presentations and discussions will be broadcast via Flashmeeting to attract more feedback, and to document the event. Online questions and comments will be explicitly taken into account during the workshop.
Paper submission: 27 June 2010
Paper acceptance: 11 July 2010
Main Conference: 28 September-1 October 2010
Paper submission and questions
Please submit your paper at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=research20.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!